Occupational Employment Statistics
53-7061 Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
Wash or otherwise clean vehicles, machinery, and other equipment. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses. Excludes “Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners" (37-2011).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||2,520||$15.77/hr
|Professional and Business Services||750||$16.90/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||30||$19.37/hr
- Sweep, shovel, or vacuum loose debris or salvageable scrap into containers and remove containers from work areas.
- Turn valves or disconnect hoses to eliminate water, cleaning solutions, or vapors from machinery or tanks.
- Pre-soak or rinse machine parts, equipment, or vehicles by immersing objects in cleaning solutions or water, manually or using hoists.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
- Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color or condition.
- Drive vehicles to or from workshops or customers' workplaces or homes.
- Clean the plastic work inside cars, using paintbrushes.
- Maintain inventories of supplies.
- Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.