Occupational Employment Statistics
53-6031 Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
Service automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collect payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||910||$15.73/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Collect cash payments from customers and make change or charge purchases to customers' credit cards and provide customers with receipts.
- Clean windshields.
- Order stock and price and shelve incoming goods.
- Test and charge batteries.
- Prepare daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales.
- Maintain customer records and follow up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders of services due.
- Check tire pressure and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, or other fluids, adding air or fluids as required.
- Perform minor repairs, such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, or changing engine oil or filters.
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
- Clean parking areas, offices, restrooms, or equipment and remove trash.