Occupational Employment Statistics
53-6021 Parking Lot Attendants
Park vehicles or issue tickets for customers in a parking lot or garage. May collect fee.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||840||$14.82/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||110||$18.92/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||100||$14.92/hr
- Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts.
- Greet customers and open their car doors.
- Issue ticket stubs or place numbered tags on windshields, log tags or attach tag to customers' keys, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles.
- Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots, storage garages, or new car lots.
- Inspect vehicles to detect any damage.
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized.
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Perform maintenance on cars in storage to protect tires, batteries, or exteriors from deterioration.
- Perform personnel activities, such as supervising or scheduling employees.
- Perform cash handling tasks, such as making change, balancing and recording cash drawer, or distributing tips.