Occupational Employment Statistics
53-3052 Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,380||$21.05/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||N/A||$20.13/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Maintain cleanliness of bus or motor coach.
- Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
- Read maps to plan bus routes.
- Record information, such as cash receipts and ticket fares, and maintain log book.
- Collect tickets or cash fares from passengers.
- Announce stops to passengers.
- Report delays or accidents.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.