Occupational Employment Statistics
51-9193 Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
Operate or tend equipment, such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Position molds on conveyors, and measure and adjust level of fill, using depth gauges.
- Start agitators to blend contents, or start beater, scraper, and expeller blades to mix contents with air and prevent sticking.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
- Adjust machine or freezer speed and air intake to obtain desired consistency and amount of product.
- Sample and test product characteristics such as specific gravity, acidity, and sugar content, using hydrometers, pH meters, or refractometers.
- Activate mechanical rakes to regulate flow of ice from storage bins to vats.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Scrape, dislodge, or break excess frost, ice, or frozen product from equipment to prevent accumulation, using hands and hand tools.