Occupational Employment Statistics
51-9151 Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
Perform work involved in developing and processing photographic images from film or digital media. May perform precision tasks such as editing photographic negatives and prints.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||250||$15.26/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Monitor equipment operation to detect malfunctions.
- Select digital images for printing, specify number of images to be printed, and direct to printer, using computer software.
- Create prints according to customer specifications and laboratory protocols.
- Maintain records, such as quantities or types of processing completed, materials used, or customer charges.
- Produce color or black-and-white photographs, negatives, or slides, applying standard photographic reproduction techniques and procedures.
- Thread filmstrips through densitometers or sensitometers and expose film to light to determine density of film, necessary color corrections, or light sensitivity.
- Examine drawings, negatives, or photographic prints to determine coloring, shading, accenting, or other changes required for retouching or restoration.
- Examine quality of film fades or dissolves for potential color corrections, using color analyzers.
- Load circuit boards, racks or rolls of film, negatives, or printing paper into processing or printing machines.
- Immerse film, negatives, paper, or prints in developing solutions, fixing solutions, and water to complete photographic development processes.