Occupational Employment Statistics
51-9151 Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
Perform work involved in developing and processing photographic images from film or digital media. May perform precision tasks such as editing photographic negatives and prints.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||$24.98/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||$25.48/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Monitor equipment operation to detect malfunctions.
- Select digital images for printing, specify number of images to be printed, and direct to printer, using computer software.
- Create prints according to customer specifications and laboratory protocols.
- Maintain records, such as quantities or types of processing completed, materials used, or customer charges.
- Produce color or black-and-white photographs, negatives, or slides, applying standard photographic reproduction techniques and procedures.
- Load circuit boards, racks or rolls of film, negatives, or printing paper into processing or printing machines.
- Review computer-processed digital images for quality.
- Load digital images onto computers directly from cameras or from storage devices, such as flash memory cards or universal serial bus (USB) devices.
- Insert processed negatives and prints into envelopes for delivery to customers.
- Operate scanners or related computer equipment to digitize negatives, photographic prints, or other images.