Occupational Employment Statistics
51-3092 Food Batchmakers
Set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products. Includes candy makers and cheese makers.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,540||$16.94/hr
|Professional and Business Services||490||$15.63/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment, such as beaters, extruders, discharge pipes, and salt pumps.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Fill processing or cooking containers, such as kettles, rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats, with ingredients, by opening valves, by starting pumps or injectors, or by hand.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Manipulate products, by hand or using machines, to separate, spread, knead, spin, cast, cut, pull, or roll products.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle or an agitator, or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.