Occupational Employment Statistics
51-3022 Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||440||$20.13/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
- Prepare ready-to-heat foods by filleting meat or fish or cutting it into bite-sized pieces, preparing and adding vegetables or applying sauces or breading.
- Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Produce hamburger meat and meat trimmings.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass.
- Clean and salt hides.
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
- Prepare sausages, luncheon meats, hot dogs, and other fabricated meat products, using meat trimmings and hamburger meat.
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents.