Occupational Employment Statistics
51-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. Excludes team or work leaders.
|Natural Resources and Mining||130||$37.84/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,410||$35.97/hr
|Professional and Business Services||530||$38.62/hr
|Education and Health Services||100||$23.39/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||30||$17.82/hr
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.