Occupational Employment Statistics
49-9021 Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
Install or repair heating, central air conditioning, or refrigeration systems, including oil burners, hot-air furnaces, and heating stoves.
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||600||$38.18/hr
|Professional and Business Services||80||$21.40/hr
|Education and Health Services||30||$31.66/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||40||$30.83/hr
- Record and report time, materials, faults, deficiencies, or other unusual occurrences on work orders.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, or procedures, such as safety procedures or the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Schedule work with customers and initiate work orders, house requisitions, and orders from stock.
- Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Install auxiliary components to heating or cooling equipment, such as expansion or discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues, or stokers.
- Discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that repairs corrected malfunctions.