Occupational Employment Statistics
49-2022 Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
Install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment used in central offices or headends. Service or repair telephone, cable television, Internet, and other communications equipment on customers' property. May install communications equipment or communications wiring in buildings. Excludes “Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers” (49-9052).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||490||$23.87/hr
|Professional and Business Services||130||$26.07/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Collaborate with other workers to locate and correct malfunctions.
- Drive crew trucks to and from work areas.
- Note differences in wire and cable colors so that work can be performed correctly.
- Diagnose and correct problems from remote locations, using special switchboards to find the sources of problems.
- Maintain computer and manual records pertaining to facilities and equipment.
- Clean and maintain tools, test equipment, and motor vehicles.
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Remove loose wires and other debris after work is completed.
- Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
- Perform database verifications, using computers.