Occupational Employment Statistics
49-2021 Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
Repair, install or maintain mobile or stationary radio transmitting, broadcasting, and receiving equipment, and two-way radio communications systems used in cellular telecommunications, mobile broadband, ship-to-shore, aircraft-to-ground communications, and radio equipment in service and emergency vehicles. May test and analyze network coverage.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
- Climb communication towers to install, replace, or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves.
- Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Climb towers to access components, using safety equipment, such as full-body harnesses.
- Complete reports related to project status, progress, or other work details, using computer software.
- Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment, using hand or power tools.
- Lift equipment into position, using cranes and rigging tools or equipment, such as gin poles.
- Run appropriate power, ground, or coaxial cables.
- Read work orders, blueprints, plans, datasheets or site drawings to determine work to be done.
- Transport equipment to work sites, using utility trucks and equipment trailers.
- Inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed.