Occupational Employment Statistics
49-2011 Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
Repair, maintain, or install computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,240||$20.44/hr
|Professional and Business Services||1,060||$16.46/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Disassemble machines to examine parts, such as wires, gears, or bearings for wear or defects, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Analyze equipment performance records to assess equipment functioning.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, charts, or schematics, to determine machine settings or adjustments.
- Align, adjust, or calibrate equipment according to specifications.