Occupational Employment Statistics
49-2011 Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
Repair, maintain, or install computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,420||$19.72/hr
|Professional and Business Services||170||$16.90/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Disassemble machines to examine parts, such as wires, gears, or bearings for wear or defects, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Analyze equipment performance records to assess equipment functioning.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, charts, or schematics, to determine machine settings or adjustments.
- Align, adjust, or calibrate equipment according to specifications.