Occupational Employment Statistics
47-4041 Hazardous Materials Removal Workers
Identify, remove, pack, transport, or dispose of hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead-based paint, waste oil, fuel, transmission fluid, radioactive materials, or contaminated soil. Specialized training and certification in hazardous materials handling or a confined entry permit are generally required. May operate earth-moving equipment or trucks.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||370||$30.01/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Organize or track the locations of hazardous items in landfills.
- Drive trucks or other heavy equipment to convey contaminated waste to designated sea or ground locations.
- Operate machines or equipment to remove, package, store, or transport loads of waste materials.
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures or federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Record numbers of containers stored at disposal sites, specifying amounts or types of equipment or waste disposed.
- Identify or separate waste products or materials for recycling or reuse.
- Operate cranes to move or load baskets, casks, or canisters.
- Build containment areas prior to beginning abatement or decontamination work.
- Sort specialized hazardous waste at landfills or disposal centers, following proper disposal procedures.
- Identify asbestos, lead, or other hazardous materials to be removed, using monitoring devices.