Occupational Employment Statistics
Install glass in windows, skylights, store fronts, and display cases, or on surfaces, such as building fronts, interior walls, ceilings, and tabletops.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||140||$23.70/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Select the type or color of glass or mirror according to specifications.
- Cut, assemble, fit, or attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, or other structures.
- Drive trucks to installation sites and unload mirrors, glass equipment, or tools.
- Determine plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb lines and levels.
- Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace glass or glass substitutes, such as plastic or aluminum, in building interiors or exteriors or in furniture or other products.
- Confer with customers to determine project requirements or to provide cost estimates.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Pack spaces between moldings and glass with glazing compounds and trim excess material with glazing knives.
- Read and interpret blueprints or specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, or thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, or staging or scaffolding materials required.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.