Occupational Employment Statistics
Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surface for painting or papering.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
- Countersink nails or screws below surfaces of walls before applying sealing compounds, using hammers or screwdrivers.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Select the correct sealing compound or tape.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Mix sealing compounds by hand or with portable electric mixers.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.