Occupational Employment Statistics
45-2092 Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables, fruits, nuts, horticultural specialties, and field crops. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties may include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; or cleaning, grading, sorting, packing, and loading harvested products. May construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities. Excludes “Graders and Sorters, Agricultural Products" (45-2041) and “Forest, Conservation, and Logging Workers" (45-4011 through 45-4029).
|Natural Resources and Mining||410||$17.67/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||670||$15.91/hr
|Professional and Business Services||250||$20.51/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||20||$14.98/hr
- Cut, roll, and stack sod.
- Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
- Sow grass seed, or plant plugs of grass.
- Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
- Record information about plants and plant growth.
- Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
- Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.