Occupational Employment Statistics
45-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of agricultural, forestry, aquacultural, and related workers. Excludes “First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers" (37-1012).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Natural Resources and Mining||100||$23.65/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||110||$24.82/hr
|Professional and Business Services||40||$24.38/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Observe fish and beds or ponds to detect diseases, monitor fish growth, determine quality of fish, or determine completeness of harvesting.
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior, notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Issue equipment, such as farm implements, machinery, ladders, or containers to workers, and collect equipment when work is complete.
- Requisition or purchase supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, or tools.
- Coordinate the selection and movement of logs from storage areas, according to transportation schedules or production requirements.
- Communicate with forestry personnel regarding forest harvesting or forest management plans, procedures, or schedules.
- Inspect crops, fields, or plant stock to determine conditions and need for cultivating, spraying, weeding, or harvesting.
- Inspect buildings, fences, fields or ranges, supplies, and equipment to determine work to be performed.
- Monitor workers to ensure that safety regulations are followed, warning or disciplining those who violate safety regulations.