Occupational Employment Statistics
45-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of agricultural, forestry, aquacultural, and related workers. Excludes “First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers" (37-1012).
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||$37.22/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||40||$23.37/hr
|Professional and Business Services||10||$38.05/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior, notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Estimate labor requirements for jobs and plan work schedules accordingly.
- Monitor animal care, maintenance, breeding, or packing and transfer activities to ensure work is done correctly.
- Issue equipment, such as farm implements, machinery, ladders, or containers to workers, and collect equipment when work is complete.
- Assign to workers duties such as fertilizing and incubating spawn, feeding and transferring fish, and planting, cultivating, and harvesting shellfish beds.
- Review employees' work to evaluate quality and quantity.
- Observe workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems, initiating corrective action as necessary.
- Assign to workers duties such as trees to be cut, cutting sequences and specifications, or loading of trucks, railcars, or rafts.
- Plan or supervise infrastructure or collection maintenance functions, such as planting, fertilizing, pest or weed control, or landscaping.