Occupational Employment Statistics
43-9031 Desktop Publishers
Format typescript and graphic elements using computer software to produce publication-ready material.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Professional and Business Services||50||$30.77/hr
- Create special effects such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining, and add elements such as sound and animation to electronic publications.
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- View monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications as necessary.
- Enter text into computer keyboard and select the size and style of type, column width, and appropriate spacing for printed materials.
- Load floppy disks or tapes containing information into system.
- Convert various types of files for printing or for the Internet, using computer software.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- Store copies of publications on paper, magnetic tape, film or diskette.
- Import text and art elements, such as electronic clip art or electronic files from photographs that have been scanned or produced with a digital camera, using computer software.