Occupational Employment Statistics
43-9022 Word Processors and Typists
Use word processor, computer or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned. Excludes “Data Entry Keyers" (43-9021), "Secretaries and Administrative Assistants" (43-6011 through 43-6014), "Court Reporters" (23-2091), and "Medical Transcriptionists" (31-9094).
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||20||$23.34/hr
|Professional and Business Services||30||$21.97/hr
|Education and Health Services||40||$16.08/hr
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Adjust settings for format, page layout, line spacing, and other style requirements.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Transmit work electronically to other locations.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Print and make copies of work.
- Reformat documents, moving paragraphs or columns.