Occupational Employment Statistics
43-5111 Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
Weigh, measure, and check materials, supplies, and equipment for the purpose of keeping relevant records. Duties are primarily clerical by nature. Includes workers who collect and keep record of samples of products or materials. Excludes "Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers" (51-9061).
|Natural Resources and Mining||50||$19.71/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||210||$19.74/hr
|Professional and Business Services||20||$18.84/hr
- Maintain financial records, such as accounts of daily collections and billings, and records of receipts issued.
- Transport materials, products, or samples to processing, shipping, or storage areas, manually or using conveyors, pumps, or hand trucks.
- Sort products or materials into predetermined sequences or groupings for display, packing, shipping, or storage.
- Count or estimate quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.
- Remove from stock products or loads not meeting quality standards, and notify supervisors or appropriate departments of discrepancies or shortages.
- Weigh or measure materials, equipment, or products to maintain relevant records, using volume meters, scales, rules, or calipers.
- Maintain, monitor, and clean work areas, such as recycling collection sites, drop boxes, counters and windows, and areas around scale houses.
- Fill orders for products and samples, following order tickets, and forward or mail items.
- Compute product totals and charges for shipments.
- Document quantity, quality, type, weight, test result data, and value of materials or products to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files.