Occupational Employment Statistics
43-5052 Postal Service Mail Carriers
Sort mail for delivery. Deliver mail on established route by vehicle or on foot.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||6,130||$27.00/hr
- Return to the post office with mail collected from homes, businesses, and public mailboxes.
- Sort mail for delivery, arranging it in delivery sequence.
- Meet schedules for the collection and return of mail.
- Bundle mail in preparation for delivery or transportation to relay boxes.
- Deliver mail to residences and business establishments along specified routes by walking or driving, using a combination of satchels, carts, cars, and small trucks.
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Travel to post offices to pick up the mail for routes or pick up mail from postal relay boxes.
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries.
- Return incorrectly addressed mail to senders.
- Hold mail for customers who are away from delivery locations.