Occupational Employment Statistics
43-4181 Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
Make and confirm reservations for transportation or lodging, or sell transportation tickets. May check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information. Excludes "Travel Agents" (41-3041), "Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks" (43-4081), and "Cashiers" (41-2011) who sell tickets for local transportation.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||2,360||$24.03/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||60||$14.37/hr
- Examine passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
- Check baggage and cargo and direct passengers to designated locations for loading.
- Announce arrival and departure information, using public address systems.
- Confer with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Trace lost, delayed, or misdirected baggage for customers.
- Answer inquiries regarding information, such as schedules, accommodations, procedures, or policies.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Assemble and issue required documentation, such as tickets, travel insurance policies, or itineraries.
- Provide boarding or disembarking assistance to passengers needing special assistance.
- Keep information facilities clean during operation.