Occupational Employment Statistics
Solicit donations or orders for goods or services over the telephone.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||100||$24.58/hr
|Professional and Business Services||180||$19.50/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.