Occupational Employment Statistics
41-9031 Sales Engineers
Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering. Excludes "Engineers" (17-2011 through 17-2199) whose primary function is not marketing or sales.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||330||$53.75/hr
|Professional and Business Services||110||$53.75/hr
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
- Identify resale opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide information needed for the development of custom-made machinery.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.