Occupational Employment Statistics
41-9022 Real Estate Sales Agents
Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||10||$34.86/hr
|Professional and Business Services||60||$26.37/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||$27.45/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Accompany buyers during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the homes they are visiting.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Coordinate appointments to show homes to prospective buyers.
- Answer clients' questions regarding construction work, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds, and leases.
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
- Confer with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Advise sellers on how to make homes more appealing to potential buyers.