Occupational Employment Statistics
41-9022 Real Estate Sales Agents
Rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts. Includes agents who represent buyer.
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||80||$39.90/hr
|Education and Health Services||10||$31.66/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Appraise properties to determine loan values.
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds, and leases.
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements, and related matters.
- Coordinate appointments to show homes to prospective buyers.
- Answer clients' questions regarding construction work, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Display commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties to clients and explain their features.
- Accompany buyers during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the homes they are visiting.
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.