Occupational Employment Statistics
41-9011 Demonstrators and Product Promoters
Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||380||$15.69/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Prepare or alter presentation contents to target specific audiences.
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
- Record and report demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.