Occupational Employment Statistics
41-2022 Parts Salespersons
Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||4,910||$18.49/hr
|Professional and Business Services||20||$28.87/hr
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain and clean work and inventory areas.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Locate and label parts and maintain inventory of stock.
- Place new merchandise on display.