Occupational Employment Statistics
41-2021 Counter and Rental Clerks
Receive orders, generally in person, for repairs, rentals, and services. May describe available options, compute cost, and accept payment. Excludes “Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop” (35-3022), “Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks” (43-4081), “Order Clerks” (43-4151), and “Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks” (43-4181).
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||990||$15.20/hr
|Professional and Business Services||30||$13.82/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||190||$12.18/hr
- Greet customers and discuss the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise sought for rental.
- Answer telephones to provide information and receive orders.
- Rent items, arrange for provision of services to customers, and accept returns.
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Receive orders for services, such as rentals, repairs, dry cleaning, and storage.
- Keep records of transactions and of the number of customers entering an establishment.
- Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and services.
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise.
- Inspect and adjust rental items to meet needs of customer.