Occupational Employment Statistics
39-9041 Residential Advisors
Coordinate activities in resident facilities in secondary and college dormitories, group homes, or similar establishments. Order supplies and determine need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings. May maintain household records and assign rooms. May assist residents with problem solving or refer them to counseling resources.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||2,630||$20.49/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
- Oversee departmental budget.
- Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
- Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individual students.
- Supervise the activities of housekeeping personnel.
- Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Supervise students' housekeeping work to ensure that it is done properly.
- Hold regular meetings with each assigned unit.
- Determine the need for facility maintenance and repair, and notify appropriate personnel.