Occupational Employment Statistics
39-9041 Residential Advisors
Coordinate activities in resident facilities in secondary and college dormitories, group homes, or similar establishments. Order supplies and determine need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings. May maintain household records and assign rooms. May assist residents with problem solving or refer them to counseling resources.
|Education and Health Services||2,300||$18.22/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
- Answer telephones, and route calls or deliver messages.
- Supervise students' housekeeping work to ensure that it is done properly.
- Determine the need for facility maintenance and repair, and notify appropriate personnel.
- Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
- Provide requested information on students' progress and the development of case plans.
- Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Counsel students in the handling of issues such as family, financial, and educational problems.
- Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individual students.
- Hold regular meetings with each assigned unit.