Occupational Employment Statistics
39-9032 Recreation Workers
Conduct recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities. Organize and promote activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
|Professional and Business Services||130||$24.89/hr
|Education and Health Services||2,670||$16.53/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||830||$20.81/hr
- Manage the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Schedule maintenance and use of facilities.
- Document individuals' progress toward meeting their treatment goals.
- Conduct individual in-room visits with residents.
- Develop treatment goals for individuals based on their assessments.
- Serve as liaison between park or recreation administrators and activity instructors.
- Complete and maintain time and attendance forms and inventory lists.