Occupational Employment Statistics
39-9032 Recreation Workers
Conduct recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities. Organize and promote activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||$12.31/hr
|Education and Health Services||4,240||$14.83/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||600||$12.58/hr
- Manage the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Document individuals' progress toward meeting their treatment goals.
- Complete and maintain time and attendance forms and inventory lists.
- Assess the needs and interests of individuals and groups and plan activities accordingly, given the available equipment or facilities.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Evaluate recreation areas, facilities, and services to determine if they are producing desired results.