Occupational Employment Statistics
39-9011 Childcare Workers
Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and childcare institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play. Excludes "Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education" (25-2011) and "Teacher Assistants" (25-9041).
|Professional and Business Services||30||$13.05/hr
|Education and Health Services||9,960||$12.01/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||660||$11.66/hr
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Supervise and assist with homework.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Regulate children's rest periods and nap schedules.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties related to children's care.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dish washing, and changing of linens.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Help prepare and serve nutritionally balanced meals and snacks for children.