Occupational Employment Statistics
39-5092 Manicurists and Pedicurists
Clean and shape customers' fingernails and toenails. May polish or decorate nails.
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||10||$24.88/hr
- Clean and sanitize tools and work environment.
- Shape and smooth ends of nails, using scissors, files, or emery boards.
- Apply undercoat and clear or colored polish onto nails with brush.
- Remove previously applied nail polish, using liquid remover and swabs.
- Use rotary abrasive wheels to shape and smooth nails or artificial extensions.
- Maintain supply inventories and records of client services.
- Assess the condition of clients' hands, remove dead skin, and massage hands.
- Schedule client appointments and accept payments.
- Polish nails, using powdered polish and buffer.
- Advise clients on nail care and use of products and colors.