Occupational Employment Statistics
39-4021 Funeral Attendants
Perform a variety of tasks during funeral, such as placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service; arranging floral offerings or lights around casket; directing or escorting mourners; closing casket; and issuing and storing funeral equipment.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
- Issue and store funeral equipment.
- Place caskets in parlors or chapels prior to wakes or funerals.
- Close caskets at appropriate point in services.
- Clean and drive funeral vehicles, such as cars or hearses, in funeral processions.
- Carry flowers to hearses or limousines for transportation to places of interment.
- Clean funeral parlors or chapels.
- Offer assistance to mourners as they enter or exit limousines.
- Direct or escort mourners to parlors or chapels in which wakes or funerals are being held.
- Greet people at the funeral home.
- Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.