Occupational Employment Statistics
39-3012 Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
Post information enabling patrons to wager on various races and sporting events. Assist in the operation of games such as keno and bingo. May operate random number generating equipment and announce the numbers for patrons. Receive, verify, and record patrons' wagers. Scan and process winning tickets presented by patrons and payout winnings for those wagers.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||190||$12.52/hr
- Conduct gambling tables or games, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, and ensure that game rules are followed.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coins.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed their bets before play begins.
- Compare the house hand with players' hands to determine the winner.
- Collect bets in the form of cash or chips, verifying and recording amounts.
- Pay off or move bets as established by game rules and procedures.
- Collect cards or tickets from players.
- Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
- Take the house percentage from each pot.
- Inspect cards or equipment to be used in games to ensure they are in proper condition.