Occupational Employment Statistics
39-3011 Gaming Dealers
Operate table games. Stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Distribute winnings or collect players' money or chips. May compare the house's hand against players' hands.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||1,320||$11.66/hr
- Deal cards to house hands, and compare these with players' hands to determine winners, as in black jack.
- Stand behind a gaming table and deal the appropriate number of cards to each player.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed bets before play begins.
- Apply rule variations to card games such as poker, in which players bet on the value of their hands.
- Pay winnings or collect losing bets as established by the rules and procedures of a specific game.
- Work as part of a team of dealers in games, such as baccarat or craps.
- Receive, verify, and record patrons' cash wagers.
- Conduct gambling games, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, following all applicable rules and regulations.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
- Greet customers and make them feel welcome.