Occupational Employment Statistics
39-1013 First-Line Supervisors of Gambling Services Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers in assigned gambling areas. May circulate among tables, observe operations, and ensure that stations and games are covered for each shift. May verify and pay off jackpots. May reset slot machines after payoffs and make repairs or adjustments to slot machines or recommend removal of slot machines for repair. May plan and organize activities and services for guests in hotels/casinos.
|Leisure and Hospitality||500||$27.07/hr
- Monitor game operations to ensure that house rules are followed, that tribal, state, and federal regulations are adhered to, and that employees provide prompt and courteous service.
- Respond to and resolve patrons' complaints.
- Establish and maintain banks and table limits for each game.
- Observe gamblers' behavior for signs of cheating, such as marking, switching, or counting cards, and notify security staff of suspected cheating.
- Monitor functioning of slot machine coin dispensers and fill coin hoppers when necessary.
- Record the specifics of malfunctioning machines and document malfunctions needing repair.
- Answer patrons' questions about gaming machine functions and payouts.
- Monitor patrons for signs of compulsive gambling, offering assistance if necessary.
- Direct workers compiling summary sheets for each race or event to record amounts wagered and amounts to be paid to winners.
- Clean and maintain slot machines and surrounding areas.