Occupational Employment Statistics
37-2012 Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||50||$19.93/hr
|Professional and Business Services||850||$16.32/hr
|Education and Health Services||5,530||$17.41/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||5,640||$14.93/hr
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Hang draperies and dust window blinds.
- Answer telephones and doorbells.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.