Occupational Employment Statistics
37-1012 First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in landscaping or groundskeeping activities. Work may involve reviewing contracts to ascertain service, machine, and workforce requirements; answering inquiries from potential customers regarding methods, material, and price ranges; and preparing estimates according to labor, material, and machine costs.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||20||$27.19/hr
|Professional and Business Services||1,310||$26.54/hr
|Education and Health Services||50||$36.68/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||210||$27.35/hr
- Schedule work for crews, depending on work priorities, crew or equipment availability, or weather conditions.
- Direct activities of workers who perform duties, such as landscaping, cultivating lawns, or pruning trees and shrubs.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Maintain required records, such as personnel information or project records.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Prepare or maintain required records, such as work activity or personnel reports.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate work activities with those of other departments or units.
- Negotiate with customers regarding fees for landscaping, lawn service, or groundskeeping work.
- Perform administrative duties, such as authorizing leaves or processing time sheets.
- Investigate work-related complaints to verify problems and to determine responses.