Occupational Employment Statistics
37-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||50||$30.90/hr
|Professional and Business Services||620||$23.27/hr
|Education and Health Services||610||$26.96/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||520||$20.51/hr
- Maintain required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and other information.
- Issue supplies and equipment to workers.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Prepare reports on activity, personnel, and information, such as occupancy, hours worked, facility usage, work performed, and departmental expenses.
- Supervise in-house services, such as laundries, maintenance and repair, dry cleaning, or valet services.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Direct activities for stopping the spread of infections in facilities, such as hospitals.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for the departments supervised.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.