Occupational Employment Statistics
37-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||$25.38/hr
|Professional and Business Services||550||$22.60/hr
|Education and Health Services||600||$24.96/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||670||$18.88/hr
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Issue supplies and equipment to workers.
- Maintain required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and other information.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
- Inventory stock to ensure that supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Prepare reports on activity, personnel, and information, such as occupancy, hours worked, facility usage, work performed, and departmental expenses.