Occupational Employment Statistics
35-9011 Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||80||$14.42/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||520||$15.17/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||4,180||$14.91/hr
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Carry trays from food counters to tables for cafeteria patrons.
- Mix and prepare flavors for mixed drinks.
- Garnish foods and position them on tables to make them visible and accessible.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Stock vending machines with food.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.