Occupational Employment Statistics
35-9011 Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||$12.11/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||400||$12.66/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||4,000||$11.68/hr
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply departments to serving counters.
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items, such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.