Occupational Employment Statistics
35-3041 Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
Serve food to individuals outside of a restaurant environment, such as in hotel rooms, hospital rooms, residential care facilities, or cars. Excludes "Door-to-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers" (41-9091) and "Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop" (35-3022).
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||8,360||$15.68/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||590||$14.25/hr
- Monitor food preparation or serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Carry food, silverware, or linen on trays or use carts to carry trays.
- Stock service stations with items, such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
- Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
- Total checks, present them to customers, and accept payment for services.
- Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.