Occupational Employment Statistics
35-3022 Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table. Counter attendants who also wait tables are included in "Waiters and Waitresses" (35-3031).
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||1,420||$12.07/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||320||$12.83/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||11,280||$10.97/hr
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.